MLDE are experienced in designing new retaining walls and structures in a variety of materials to suit traditional and modern schemes of varying sizes and scales to suit individual site conditions, constraints, etc.
The practice is also able to provide structural surveys of existing retaining structures and propose repairs to damaged (Vehicle impact, etc.) and aged failing structures.
MLDE provide advice to Clients on many projects and have assisted with issues regarding garden walls, boundary walls and party wall awards.
The practice also provides consultancy regarding Highways Structures, Listed Structures and also structures that fall within the curtilage of Listed Buildings.
Typical services include :
- Repair schedules / drawings / specifications (Bricks, mortar, etc.)
- Substructure design
- Temporary works design
- Enhancements, e.g. duck bill anchors, pattress plates, buttresses, footings, etc.
- Drainage design to relieve water pressures
- Listed Building Consent Applications
- English Heritage Scheduled Monument Consent Applications
- Planning Applications
- Building Regulation Applications
- Environment Agency Flood Defence Consent Applications